Sodbury Players was founded in 1946 in Chipping Sodbury, Gloucestershire. In 2016 we celebrated our 70th anniversary. We are affiliated to the National Operatic and Dramatic Association (NODA) and are members of Avon Association of Drama (AAD).
We currently perform 3 main productions each year being a pantomime in January, a spring production in May and an autumn production in September. In addition to this we enter several one act plays (adult & youth) into the All England One Act Play Festival each year which starts in February. We have a thriving youth group (SPYS) who also enter the One Act Play Festival and have their own production in July.
Tickets on sale 1st March (Box Office: 0344 332 0230)
Performance Times (check Ticket Source for accurate tickets remaining)
- Wednesday 10th May, 7.30pm
- Thursday 11th May, 7.30pm
- Friday 12th May, 7.30pm
- Saturday 13th May, 7.30pm
10th-13st May 2017 - The Importance of Being Earnest
Sodbury Players - Celebrating 70 years in drama
Cake courtesy of The Vintage Birdcage Cakery and Cafe
- 16th-19th September 2015 - The Titfield Thunderbolt by Philip Goulding (based on the original Ealing Comedy Screenplay by T.E.B. Clarke)
- 16th-23rd January 2016 - Mother Goose by Diane Owen & Ross Brown
- February 2016 - Seven Billion Voices by Ross Brown
- February 2016 - SPYS: Darkness in the Night by Rob Hockley
- February 2016 - SPYS: In Need of Care by David E. Rowley
- 11th-14th May 2016 - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Dale Wasserman from the novel by Ken Kesey
- 23rd-24th July 2016 - SPYS Production - FAME by arrangement with Josef Weinberger Ltd on behalf of Music Theatre International
- 14th-17th September 2016 - Bazaar & Rummage by Sue Townsend
- 14th-21st January 2017 - Dick Whittington by Ross Brown
- 10th-13th May 2017 - The Importance of Being Earnest
- 21st-22nd July 2017 - SPYS: Beauty and the Beast
- 27th-30th September 2017 - The Edge of Darkness by Brian Clemens
Where we meet
We meet every Tuesday evening starting at 7.30pm upstairs at "The Sphere" , The Old Grammar School, High Street, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6AH.
Our normal club evening is Tuesday but we also rehearse on Thursdays. We always welcome new members for both on-stage and off-stage activities. Contact us and we will let you know when the next play reading evening is.
Where we perform
Our 3 main productions are performed in the Town Hall, Broad Street, Chipping Sodbury. Generally our productions start at 7.30pm. For the pantomimes we usually perform Saturday matinees starting at 2.30pm although this may be earlier on the first Saturday.
Copyright © 2000-2017 by Stephen Bashford. All rights reserved.
All photographs copyright Sodbury Players and cannot be used without permission.
Last updated 26th February 2017